Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Response

Well I think Andrea's main idea of personal preference nails it. For instance, I don't want to let my kids touch my sewing machine at any younger age. If I had another sewing machine that was just for them, then it would be okay. Also, Ana's been mowing the lawn since she was 10 (generally only the front yard though, which is smaller and easier than the back). And, I really don't care if my kids are interested in playing the piano or any other instrument. Not playing is not an option--or at least till they're teenagers but I'm not telling them that till it actually becomes an issue. Again with the food prep, I hate cleaning up after other people cooking, so until they can clean up really well, I don't want them doing much cooking. Yes, I'm a bit too nitpicky but I hate a dirty kitchen. And I do think I will move some of the 16 yr old stuff to 15 yr old. That's a great idea. A=Oh, and as for doing their own laundry, I put that later only because my oldest is very inattentive to details, and I am really worried about the possible clothes destruction that could result. She barely remembers on what settings to turn on the dishwasher. Anyway, that's my thinking, but thanks for the input--and please any other input would be great!

No comments: