Monday, January 18, 2010

Julia - good questions about missions. I'd like to know the answers myself! I'll have to think about it more. I've given it some thought.

I kind of thought that your mission could be related to what you are passionate about.

But how do you reconcile that with what your patriarchal blessing says? There is stuff in mine that I'm definitely NOT passionate about - maybe because I don't have time, knowledge/skills, or interest - but it doesn't feel like my "mission" (at this time).


About our reading list. There are some books on the old list that I love and hope you still read them: Little Britches, and Carry On, Mr. Bowditch. But don't put them on the list for my benefit. I've read them. I just love them enough that I want YOU all to if you haven't.

But as for books that I would like to read:
I would love to do Les Mis with you. Lots of fodder for discussion there.
Eve and the Choice made in Eden is a book I've been meaning to read forever
I've been pondering rereading A Tale of Two Cities, so I'm up for that.

I'll have to think more about it later. But mostly I'm just up for anything.

No comments: