Thursday, April 3, 2008

Myself

To satisfy Andrea and to keep her from harrassing me on the phone, here's my introduction of myself. My name is Kami Latorre. I'm Andrea's little sister. To give you an idea of our relationship, one time when Andrea was sixteen and I was thirteen, she tried to threaten me with a wooden spoon and I took it away from her and threatened her. Hee. Hee. Things have improved since then. Actually that was probably our worst confrontation ever. We always got along fairly decently. Andrea has brillant ideas which I'm very grateful for--like starting this blog/book club. I was happy to join in because like Andrea, I wanted to spend what little time I have for reading, on reading worthwhile books and exercising those sleeping muscles in my brain that I haven't touched since college.

I am also a stay-at-home mom. I have two children and one on the way. We're still in the process of adopting our oldest daughter, Ana, who has been living with us since last September. She's eight. She's from Colombia (as is my husband). Elena is 17 months. I don't homeschool, but I toy with the idea every once in a while--one child at a time when they're thirteen or so and only for a year. We'll see if it ever happens.

I love to read. I love arts and crafts. I love world music. I like to blog. (My blog is http://thelatorrefamily.blogspot.com/) My husband's a pilot and is gone for days at a time. I read and blog while he's gone, and catch up on housework just before he gets home, so it's feast or famine with my posts. If I could have any dog in the world, it would be a Saluki. I want to travel all over. Someday.

I used to be a nurse. I try to pretend that was all a bad dream now.

No comments: