Saturday, March 26, 2011

Freakonomics

I just finished this book, by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner.  Pretty interesting.  Quick, easy read.  I think my favorite chapters were the ones on baby names, but I also liked the sections on real estate agents and crack dealers.  And no, they are not the same thing.

In other books, I'm reading Flatland somewhat half-heartedly.  It's fine, just not in the mood for it right now.  Finished book nine of Ranger's Apprentice series and can't stand that the 10th book is not available at the library yet.

Hope you are all well.  We are getting a bit too much rain out here in sunny California.  Please share some book suggestions because I need to start a new list!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love Freakanomics. I use the chapter on baby names in my education class since it talks about black people identifying with being black and how that makes young black people less likely to be successful. In my class we talk about the things the teacher can't control.

Anyway, good read. I recently read Tangerine and The Penderwicks: The Story of 4 girls, 2 bunnies, 1 dog, and 1 very interesting boy (or something like that). Loved both of them.

I've also been reading a lot of Merrilee Boyack. I'm currently in the middle of her 54 Weeks of Family Service and really enjoying it.