Monday, November 7, 2011

and a postscript

Ok, I've spent a long time reading some other posts on that lady's site, and now I'm confused.  I am still often bothered by her writing and her tone.  She calls it "satire" but I find nothing witty or ironic in it---just heavy-handed and didactic instruction from what appears to be her lofty perch of "I-know-better-than-you."  But . . . then there are posts I totally agree with, think are well-written, and admire her thought process in.  And there are still others where I find I am nearly identical to her in practical application---i.e. our family behaves much as hers does---but for drastically different reasons.  So I really don't know what to make of her.  I guess I can take the good and just pass over (what I think is) the bad---much as we are supposed to do with anything we read---and which is the whole reason I disagree with her assertion that we should avoid TJEd like the plague. :)  What do you ladies think?

No comments: