Thursday, October 28, 2010

More on Hormones

I think it is one of the hardest parts of being a woman trying to distinguish between mental thought and hormones.  This has baffled me for years!  I, too, have had those scary moments of thinking I'm going to hurt/ruin my children or my marriage, even. I don't think necessarily as drastic as Andrea's situation, but times of darkness nonetheless.

I have to ask myself, though, why one person can "pull themselves out of it" while others continue to suffer?  Is it only hormone related?  Sometimes, yes.  But I don't think all the time.  I've had a very interesting couple of years that have caused me to think more about my hormones as well.  And what's been most interesting is that after a major paradigm shift recently in my life, the "bad times" haven't been as bad.  Does that make sense?  I had a mental shift, which thus shifted the hormonal responses.  I still had symptoms (bad PMS) but my husband and I dealt with the situation with much clearer vision rather than how we'd unproductively and distructively handled it in the past.  I don't know if that's making any sense.  But with this experience I'm just wondering where the mental and the hormonal meet.???

Maybe I just need to read the book.  :-)

No comments: