Monday, January 5, 2009

What I've Been Reading

I read the first half of How Stupid Are We. The one about the American voter. I wasn't a fan. Basically, it was used as another Bush-bashing venue. I quit reading it.

Then I read the Twelfth House series by Sharon Shinn. FANTASTIC!!! I loved it--especially the first and last (there were four). The first one is a must-read for all fantasy fans--and it works as a stand-alone if you don't want to read the rest. Of course, after you read the first one, you'll want to finish them all. But . . . in case you don't, the first one really does work as a stand-alone. The main character in the first book (Mystic and Rider) is a mystic who can control fire. She gets really mad in a few scenes and what she does with fire is way cool. The other main character is a King's Rider--one of the most elite fighting force in the kingdom. He's sweet--in a teenager "sweet!" sort of way. Loved them.

Thanks for updating us Julia--I think it is fun to hear what people are reading.

No comments: