Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back on board

I'm all for starting up again. I vote we skip the Screwtape Letters and (gulp) the Colombia book--I started it and it was so boring. I hoped it would pick up at some point... and then it was due at the library so I never found out... I say we add a Sharon Shinn to the list though. And move up another heavier book in place of the Colombia book, say "Guns Germs and Steel" or "the Theory of Everything"---come on, the Colombia book was one of my choices. Please? Or, say another Colombia history book like
Systems of Violence: The Political Economy of War and Peace in Colombia (Suny Series in Global Politics) Systems of Violence: The Political Economy of War and Peace in Colombia (Suny Series in Global Politics) or
Drugs, Oil, and War: The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina (Paperback) Drugs, Oil, and War: The United States in Afghanistan, Colombia, and Indochina.
Or The Expediency of Culture: Uses of Culture in the Global Era (Post-Contemporary Interventions) The Expediency of Culture: Uses of Culture in the Global Era
or
To End a War (Modern Library Paperbacks) To End a War Holbrooke, Richard

The last two just because they look really interesting, not because they have to do with Colombia, and the author of the last one is Obama's new something-something over the Middle East (I'm so informed--but hey that book was already on my to-read list and then I heard his name on NPR and recognized it).

Anyway, that's my two cents.

No comments: