Friday, August 10, 2012

80 days

I too read it awhile back and decided not to re-read it. I checked it out from the library but ran out of time. In terms of how I liked the book, I think I'm in the middle between Julia and Kami. I thought it was interesting, but it wasn't the best book I'd ever read. I'm super excited to re-read Little Britches. Ralph Moody is one of my favorite authors. This year for school, I read his book about the Pony Express aloud to the kids. It was a GREAT story to read to my 9 year old son, and even had me in tears at several parts as I contemplated the incredible courage several of the PE riders had. I think I get more emotional when I'm reading aloud than to myself because I seem to cry over all sorts of stories that I read aloud. ;-) I highly recommend the book, as it taught me a lot about the Pony Express that I didn't know, and was an action-filled adventure story, to boot!

No comments: