Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Glimpses of the Moon

I finished it. It was a beautiful story. I loved the endings (I'm a stickler on endings, they make or break a book for me). So, it was definitely worth reading. Still not my favorite style of writing, that era is just weird to me. Very lias fare (sp?). I guess that's what the book was all about though, wasn't it. The attitude of "eat drink and be merry" vs. the more honest and grounded lifestyle of Nick & Susy. Thank you for the recommendation!

I am currently reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It's a novel about the history & myths behind Dracula. I'm just barely into it, and it's a thick book! But, I'm starting to feel it build, and hear it is a very good book!

Dividing Lines: I tried . . . and tried . . . and tried to get itnot it. Didn't happen for me. I just couldn't get into it and then it was due today. So, I'm going to have to move onto the next one. What is it? :-) I'll figure it out.

No comments: