Monday, November 9, 2009

Stargirl

Have any of you read "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli? My daughter and I just finished reading it. She is at a great age to read it with (11), I think. Older would be good too. But especially right now as she is on the verge of growing up. I liked it. We have been having an ongoing discussion about it all day long.

What else have you all been reading lately?

*I've been reading up on the birds and the bees - and about how to talk to children about it. Fun stuff. I don't mind talking to the kids about it. I just hate the nasty stuff that the world exposes them to. But I guess that they can't all stay innocent forever.
*I've been poring over crockpot cookbooks and trying new recipes. Who has time to cook dinner anymore? A week ago I was lucky enough to have several nights in a row where I didn't have to cook dinner!! It was amazing how much more I got done on those days when I didn't have to stop all my projects at 4pm to think about dinner. So I'm trying to use my crockpot more to help with time issues.
*I've also been reading some fun books like the 4th of Shannon Hale's Bayern series and some other young adult books. It's definitely my most favorite genre right now.

No comments: